How to pick the best audit tool for your business website?
Today, there are hundreds of website auditing tools one can choose from. The abundance of software programs and tools does not make the job easier for a novice website owner. It is easy to lose one’s focus in the crowd of potentially useful and robust tools that can find out factors influencing the performance of your site.
While looking for auditing tools, you will come across complete packages in the form of standalone auditing tools, and then there are others that work better alongside other tools. Visit https://siteimprove.com/ to learn more about the state-of-the-art auditing tools that cover the entire website audit checklist.
Here are some of the abilities of a standard website audit tool –
Before we get into the details of website audits, it is important to mention that Google does not rank an entire website. Therefore, you should look for a tool that considers the following –
- Your site health check should include the role of all robots.txt pages, the XML sitemap, the indexed pages, and server information.
- The page parameters assessment should include pages with 404 response, hreflang tag, non-index tag, redirects and pages with 500 response.
- The analysis of all inbound, and outbound links – it includes the analysis of broken links, empty anchors and 301 redirects.
- The usability of the entire site pinpoints the 404 pages, favicons, and mobile optimization
- The optimization of media and content
- The analysis of on-page SEO elements including the H1 and H2 tags, missing H1 tags, title tags, meta descriptions, and SEO slugs form a part of this assessment.
Why is it necessary to pick an updated audit software?
For a complete audit, you should pick a website audit option with customizable settings. It can scan the entire domain and subdomains. Most auditing tools also scan the test pages for all the factors we have mentioned above. Any tool that does not assess even one of the factors is not good enough since Google considers all of these elements and more as parts of the site’s ranking signals.
Google search engine algorithm keeps changing almost every day. In fact, Google releases over 600 minor algorithm updates per year, but users only notice the major overhauls. Thus, it is essential for every website owner to pick an audit tool that can accommodate these new changes. In other words, if your audit tool is outdated, you need to find one that adheres to all the recent updates and changes Google has released.
What should you remember before opting for a website audit?
Auditing your website will give you an insight into your website’s best-performing features and least performing pages. It can give you the reasons for suboptimal traffic flow, reduced conversion rates, and high bounce rates. Apart from choosing an audit software that is easy to customize, you should also pick one that comes with high credibility. A website audit is a long-term investment. Therefore, becoming a part of a site audit subscription plan can help your website remain crisp and fast throughout its life.
Also, How to Keep Business Data Secure When Transitioning to a New Office