Can I change my solicitor on legal aid?

Can I change my solicitor on legal aid?

A case that is before the Court can be funded in two ways, privately or by legal aid. If you are funding your case using your own money, then a transfer is as simple as informing your current solicitor that you no longer wish to instruct them. The decision to allow the transfer of solicitor is made by the Court.

What is the procedure for changing solicitors?

Changing your solicitor is very simple. All you need to do is to find a new solicitor to take over your case for you. The new solicitor will ask you to sign a form of authority so they can obtain your files from your previous solicitor.

What happens when your legal aid certificate is revoked?

Discharged and Revoked Certificates – when legal aid ends. Your Legal Aid Certificate may be “discharged” or “revoked” because for example, you are no longer eligible or have failed to respond to a Legal Aid Agency request for further information or your solicitor has recommended that your certificate should be discharged or revoked.

Can a criminal case be refused legal aid?

For criminal cases, if legal aid is refused in cases involving charges of murder, treason or piracy with violence, you can apply to a judge for granting of legal aid, and exemption from the means test and from payment of contribution.

How does the director of legal aid work?

The Director of Legal Aid maintains panels of counsel and solicitors who are willing to undertake legal aid work. If the Director does not take up the case and act for you, you can nominate a lawyer on the Legal Aid Panel to represent you. If your choice is considered not suitable, the Director will discuss the matter with you.

Is the crm14 eForm required for criminal legal aid?

This version includes updates following the mandating of the CRM14 eForm for criminal legal aid applications from 4 July 2016. The CRM14 Post Submission Evidence eForm and other applications associated with criminal legal aid are not mandatory. These include: •interest of justice appeals •withdrawal of legal aid

Previous Post Next Post